Welcome from the Principal
Welcome to Blackfriars Academy, a very special place to be educated where every student is valued as an individual. As a staff we work in partnership with parents and carers, taking our responsibility very seriously to provide a personalised education that breaks down barriers to learning and equipping students for the next stage in their lives.
Our learning community comprises approx. 120 students aged between 11-19 and over 90 staff, all working towards the goal of supporting students with profound and complex, or moderate or severe learning needs and profound and complex needs to reach their potential, be it GCSE passes and BTEC accreditation, independent travel on public transport, the vocabulary to make simple choices or improved communication skills. We are special because we provide an outstanding educational experience for a vast range of needs in a supportive and caring atmosphere where students blossom in our inclusive environment.
- Christmas Fayre
- Christmas Holidays
- Parent workshop - You and your teenager (Body)
How do we meet the needs of our diverse student population?
Coming Soon! Our film exploring the lived experience of students in the Immersive, Exploratory and Questioning pathways
- Christmas FayreFriday, 08 December 2023
- Parent workshop - You and your teenager (Body)Monday, 15 January 2024
- Parent workshop - You and your teenager (Mind and spirit)Tuesday, 27 February 2024
- Grandparent's Lunch - Questioning PathwayWednesday, 06 March 2024
- Grandparent's Lunch - Exploratory PathwayThursday, 16 May 2024
- Christmas HolidaysMonday, 25 December 2023 - Friday, 05 January 2024
- February Half-TermFriday, 09 February 2024 - Friday, 16 February 2024
- Easter HolidaysMonday, 25 March 2024 - Friday, 05 April 2024
- School closedMonday, 15 April 2024
- Early May bank holidayMonday, 06 May 2024